And today i am posting an beautiful article on making a pendrive bootable using dos/cmd/command prompt...
So lets begins
Steps To Create BooTable Pendrive
1. Insert your USB in your CPU (atleast of 4GB). And make sure that you retrieve all your files and folders from it since we are about to format it.
2. Now open “Command Prompt” on your system. Follow the path to open command prompt Start > All programs >Accessories > right click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
3. Now as soon as Command Prompt window prompt type following command:
• DISKPART follow by Enter and grant permission if your system prompt for permission.
• LIST DISK follows by Enter.
This command will display list of disk available on your system. As you can see that I got 2 disks on my system from which my drive is disk no.1
4. Sorry for a big list of Command, but if you want to make your USB as bootable then type the following command simultaneously follow by Enter. Don’t bother about the command just type it:
• SELECT DISK 1 (Replace DISK 1 with your disk number) + ENTER
• CLEAN + ENTER
• CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY + ENTER
• SELECT PARTITION 1 + ENTER
• ACTIVE + ENTER
• FORMAT FS=NTFS + ENTER
(Formatting May Take Few Seconds)
• ASSIGN + ENTER
• EXIT + ENTER
See The Screen Shot below
5. Wait yet we are not finish, don’t close your command prompt. Now just insert windows DVD in DVD W/R and check that drive initial(letter) of DVD W/R and USB Drive. In my case its ‘G’ for DVD W/R and ‘J’ for USB Drive.
6. Now back to command prompt and just few more command and you are done.
Now type the following command:
G: CD BOOT + Enter (‘G’ is DVD W/R drive letter)
CD BOOT + Enter
BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 J: + Enter (‘J’ is USB Drive letter)
7. Congrats! You are done. Now you can use your flash drive installing purpose.:)
This flash Drive can be used on any system for installing window in any computer, since, almost all the latest motherboard support this feature.I have tried this on window7 and window vista, where it works 100% on it.
Please do let our readers know if it works on any other system.Thank You for Reading